Thinking about proposing this Christmas? With only one week to go, we share our favourite ideas below for a romantic Christmas proposal.
1) Drop to your knees and propose on the way home from Christmas shopping with a surprise choir to serenade him/her on the bus or the train.
2) Propose over a mulled wine in a Christmas market, we like the romantic towns of Edinburgh, Bath and York although many towns are now putting on a traditional Christmas market which is a perfect backdrop to a romantic wedding proposal.
3) Wrap up your engagement ring and place under the Christmas tree, preferably in a different sized box so they don’t guess what it is!
4) Hide an engagement ring in the Christmas pudding (hide wrapped in foil in the serving of pudding for your partner and not the main pudding obviously…)
5) Hide the engagement ring by wrapping the ring box and placing it at the bottom of her Christmas stocking.
6) Drop the engagement ring onto their hymn sheet during midnight mass, even more fun and exciting if you have to be quiet in church!
7) Place Christmas lights on the lawn outside their house to spell out the words ‘will you marry me?’
8) Sneak the ring into a Christmas cracker and pull carefully…
9) Sneak the ring onto the turkey wishbone as you both go to make a wish, hopefully their wish is to marry you!
10) Where else than under the mistletoe! You can even arrange for it to drop down at an opportune moment…
We wish you the best of luck with your proposal and a very happy Christmas!
The Black Sheep Wedding Company are professional wedding planners based in Surrey that specialise in planning unique weddings to ensure your day stands out in every field. If you and your new fiancé need a little help with design, planning or ideas please feel free to contact us to arrange a no obligation consultation.